Thursday 18 October 2007

The Magician and The Party Pooper - influences of Jupiter and Saturn

In my natal chart, my ascendant falls between Jupiter and Saturn, with Jupiter conjuncting it from the 12th house and the effects of these two planets are something I've noticed quite strongly throughout my whole life. When I was born there was a food shortage-Saturn- (my mother didn't have any breast milk, there was no powdered milk available in any stores) but a donation from brought me suitcases full of powdered milk (Jupiter) which satisfied my rather vast Cancerian appetites. And even though throughout my life I kept encountering pretty much every kind of hardship (Saturn), there's also always been some kind of hidden benefactor or protective element (usually in a deus ex machina fashion) to intervene in my favour and see me through. After my father died for instance, and inflation reduced his life insurance money to the cost of a Kinder Egg and my father's friends robbed us, financial help from a relative from abroad (and Jupiter rules The Foreign) saw us through. A gift of foreign money (scholarship) paid for my education when I immigrated. I've had the tendency to get the mildest version possible of chronic, debilitating disease and several times when my life has been in danger strangers have appeared out of the blue to rescue me. When my childhood home burned down (mostly a Plutonic experience at the time, in terms of the planets) miraculously no one got hurt and an exploding window fell down, literally landing at the feet of an off-duty fireman who had happened to be walking down the street at that moment.

Most recently, it occurred to me that the pregnancy is an expression of the two as well - even though my external baby bump is quite compact (limits of Saturn), ultrasounds say that my unseen baby is actually a very long one (hidden Jupiter).

These experiences of hardship and faith have been profound, and ultimately very beneficial to me. I am quite resilient, I have a high threshold for endurance (Saturn) but I also don't live my life by fear thanks to the blessings of Jupiter (the accountant of the Zodiac, Saturn speaks to us through our fears and our cautions). Even when as now, when my family seems hit by one financial blow after another and I've spent my pregnancy beset by a string of irritating ailments I have not fear, that things will work out. Baby will be fine, birth will be fine, money will be found from somewhere, things will work out. That instead of endlessly worrying (Saturn) about the things I can't control, my energy is better spent in letting go, nurturing trust and being open to the appearance of hidden opportunity (12th house Jupiter).

If anyone else has thoughts on how the Saturn-Jupiter aspects have manifested for them (whether natally or by transit) please delight me by sharing. :)

No comments: